- By Anton Grillo
- (General Dispatch) – President Joe Biden gave an interview for NBC that was aired Thursday on “NBC Nightly News” in which he responded to statements made by Senator Tim Scott.
- During the interview, Biden affirmed that the American people are not racist, after 400 years African-Americans have been left in a very backward position in many areas.
- Initially, people of African descent have not advanced in terms of education, health and opportunities for personal and professional growth, Biden said.
- Next, host Craig Melvin asked the president if he considered Americans to be racist people, stating that indeed the American people were not.
- In contrast, President Joe Biden’s assertions are misplaced in disqualifying the progress of the African-American population.
- Much of the limitations of people of African descent in the country have been fostered by the limits that white supremacy has placed for years.
- To argue that the United States is not a racist country is a great fallacy, since it is evident that it is part of the culture of the nation, and that so far it is combated by racial practices.
- In conclusion, the White House continues to mark a notorious division in the social context, quite contrary to the promises of unification made in President Biden’s 2020 campaign.