- By Joergen Haisem
- (General Dispatch) – Pfizer, together with Biontech, filed a request with the European medicines regulator to add the supply of vaccines to children aged between 12 and 15 years to the approval previously granted.
- The pharmaceutical companies raise in their request the scope of this important fraction of the population that, according to an advanced study, more than 2,000 adolescents received the dose, assuring that it is “safe and effective”.
- At the same time, Pfizer and Biontech have extended the request to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to consolidate the theories that provide protection to the younger population.
- According to the research carried out by the corporations seeking to obtain the permit, the virus not only attacks older adults, but also poses a risk to younger people.
- Therefore, vaccinating adolescents is of great importance for pharmaceutical companies that have been in charge of advancing in research to provide optimal solutions, in view of the demand for vaccines worldwide.
- At the same time, other pharmaceutical companies such as Astrazeneca are working to provide vaccines to adolescents.
- Likewise, the companies announced that they are already prepared to deploy their production protocols, which will distribute a large amount of vaccines if the decision of the competent bodies is affirmative.
- It only remains to wait for the authorities that regulate the competent areas of health and quality control to approve the request made by Pfizer and Biontech.