- By Joergen Haisem
- (General Dispatch) – A professor at the University of San Diego is under investigation after issuing a critical opinion about China via his blog pointing out that the WHO has been a pro-CCP institution.
- Professor Tom Smith wrote “If you think the coronavirus didn’t escape from the lab in Wuhan, you should at least consider yourself an idiot who is swallowing a bunch of Chinese cock diapers.”
- But this message was misinterpreted by his students, who denounced his message, pointing out that it was offensive, according to which he was directly referring to the population of China, which was totally untrue.
- Tom is being evaluated by the administrators of the University of San Diego, although he gave an explanation which referred to the Chinese government, and was not exactly making any message to its Chinese citizens.
- Updated message “It appears that some people are interpreting my reference to ‘wrapping Chinese roosters’ as a reference to an ethnic group. That is a misinterpretation. To be clear, I was referring to the Chinese government” wrote Tom Smith.
- The dean of the School of Law, Robert Schapiro said he will assess whether Professor Tom committed any violation of University law, if so he will take action on the case.
- Although the message was not posted on a page directly related to the University, offensive language that promotes racist language against Chinese people will not be allowed.
- Even though Tom attempted to create a critical message about the Wuhan virus, the community did not accept his message and the dean of the University said that “A core value of the University of San Diego School of Law is that all members of the community should be treated with dignity and respect.”
Right Coast: Wuhan Lab Theory a Dark Cloud on China – WSJ