- By William Silgueiro
- (General Dispatch) – Governor Andrew Cuomo is still generating controversy for falsifying nursing home death figures. According to media reports, the governor concealed 9250 deaths by COVID.
- Cuomo’s staff participated in the cover-up, and it was they who explained to authorities how the media was manipulated to avoid raising suspicions. Cuomo was harshly criticized for ordering that seniors be accepted regardless of whether they were COVID positive.
- Cuomo claimed that he took this type of action to avoid a possible investigation by the former Trump administration and thus start a political conflict.
- According to the Times, Cuomo was already performing the data falsification long before he was asked for the investigation. In the month of June, it is assumed that the death toll was 50% above the numbers turned in.
- Through the false reports submitted by Cuomo, he boasted of his apparent success against COVID 19.
- Cuomo in a radio interview recanted the actions he had committed and said, “Now I’m thinking of writing a book about what we went through, the lessons learned, the whole experience, because if we don’t learn from this, then it will exacerbate the whole crisis that we’ve gone through.”
- Currently the numbers of nursing home deaths has risen to 15000 by COVID 19 since the month of March 2020, more data on Cuomo’s handling of the pandemic is expected to be revealed soon.
The New York Times: Cuomo Aides Rewrote Nursing Home Report to Hide Higher Death Toll